The Democracy Fund (TDF) is a registered non-profit and civil society organization striving to advance and maintain constitutional rights in Canada, advance education through journalism, and to relieve poverty.
TDF is seeking an accomplished and passionate Grant Writer and Application Specialist to join our team. This position will be responsible for securing grant funding from foundations and organizations that share our commitment to civil liberties. The successful candidate will have a demonstrable background of securing funding from non-governmental sources through grant applications.
- Identify and research foundations, grant opportunities, and potential philanthropic partners aligned with TDF's mission.
- Develop compelling and persuasive grant proposals tailored to the unique requirements and guidelines of each potential funder.
- Collaborate with our leadership team to understand programmatic needs and funding priorities.
- Maintain a comprehensive grants calendar, ensuring timely submissions, follow-ups, and compliance with reporting requirements.
- Cultivate and nurture strong relationships with existing and prospective donors.
- Track and report on grant outcomes as required, ensuring accountability to funders.
- Contribute to the development of fundraising strategies and campaigns.
- Collaborate with our Communications & Social Media Manager to showcase grant-funded initiatives and successes.
- A proven track record of successful grant writing and fundraising for non-profit organizations.
- Familiarity with Canadian foundations and grant-making organizations.
- Exceptional research, writing, and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent project management abilities.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a dynamic team environment.
- A deep commitment to promoting civil liberties, democracy, and social justice.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, grant management software, and a minimum of an overall intermediate level computer literacy.
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive salary in the range of $55,000 - $85,000 CAD annually, commensurate with experience.
- Comprehensive health benefits package.
- Opportunities for professional development and career advancement.
- A meaningful role in an organization dedicated to upholding democratic values and civil liberties in Canada.
Full-time (Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 5 p.m. ET), with occasional evening or weekend work required when hosting fundraising events.
This position may be based either in our Toronto office or remotely, depending on the candidate's location and preference.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and two writing samples showcasing their grant writing expertise by filling out this form.