Cases Cases of Interest Public Order Emergency Commission Resources Did you know? Canada Day 2022 Tickets No ArriveCan Application No Booster Mandates
Join our growing team!
The Democracy Fund (TDF) is a registered non-profit and civil society organization striving to advance and maintain constitutional rights in Canada, advance education through journalism, and to relieve poverty.
The ideal candidate for the role of Graphic Designer and Animator will have a minimum of two years of field experience using the Adobe Creative Suite (or similar program), and a diploma, degree or equivalent in graphic design, video or video game editing/design, or similar field.
- Promotional materials
- Graphics for events (static and animated)
- Video editing and animation
- Website graphics and posting
- Graphics-file logging, backup and organization
- Editing of animated educational video series "Civil Liberties 101"
- Other miscellaneous duties, as assigned
- Portfolio of video and print work (an electronic portfolio is acceptable)
- Minimum two years experience and a diploma, degree or equivalent in graphic design, video or video game editing/design, or similar field
- Experience working within the non-profit sector, preferably for a small- to medium-sized organization
- Experience in effective digital and print communications
- Strong proofreading skills and attention to detail
- Familiar with expressions, presets and the speed/value graph editor in AE
- Excellent organizational, project and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines, multitask and adapt to rapidly shifting priorities
- Excellent proficiency with:
- Adobe Creative Suite [specifically After Effects (AE), Illustrator (AI) and InDesign (ID)]
- Adobe Acrobat
- Google Suite
- Microsoft Office
- Ability to be a self-starter in the role and work under minimal supervision
- Candidates capable of working from our Toronto office will be granted priority, but there are opportunities for remote work
SALARY & BONUSES:
$40,000 - $60,000 CAD annually, plus health benefits.
Full-time (Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 5 p.m. ET), with occasional remote evening or weekend work.
In-office or remote.
The Democracy Fund is seeking motivated In-House Counsel/Civil Liberties Lawyers to join a new and growing legal team in Toronto. Several positions may be filled.
The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial work ethic, 5+ (post call) years of demonstrated litigation experience, and a passion for civil liberties advocacy. The successful candidates will constantly be scanning the news and thinking, "how can we use the law to preserve our liberties?"
- Provide legal advice and strategic counsel within a broad scope of legal areas, including, constitutional, civil liberties, regulatory, administrative, and contract.
- Respond quickly to legal crises, including rapid drafting and filing of lawsuits, complaints and demand letters.
- Help manage civil liberties projects like www.FightTheFines.com and www.FightVaccinePassports.com.
- Work closely with junior legal counsel.
- Litigate in person and via Zoom.
- Appear with media partners to explain legal issues to Canadians.
- Member in good standing with the law society
- Minimum 5+ years (post call) of demonstrated litigation experience
- Excellent analytical, drafting, communication, and negotiation skills
- Preference is given to candidates who can work out of our Toronto office
$100,000 - $125,000 per year. The successful candidates would report to TDF’s volunteer board.