The Democracy Fund (TDF) is seeking an Events Manager to help connect us with Canadians across the country who are passionate or interested in liberty, constitutional rights, and equal access to justice.
TDF is a Canadian charity striving to advance and maintain constitutional rights in Canada, advance education through journalism placement programs, and to relieve poverty.
The ideal candidate for the role of Events Manager will have a background in events management, and in event marketing. The Events Manager should be able to work independently, have a moderate to high comfort level with emerging technology, be a strong marketing writer, and be incredibly detail-oriented.
- Conceive, plan, organize and execute events
- Events will include a student journalism fellowship conference, semi-frequent speaker series events, and a fundraising gala dinner.
- Plan and follow event budgets; ensure legal and contractual compliance; manage speaking talent
- Mobilize local volunteers to assist as ushers, ticket-takers, etc.
- Work with the marketing department and partners to promote ticket sales, and day-of videography
- Facilitate sales of TDF books and merchandise at events
- Post-event survey for event attendees and creating of post-mortem for TDF staff and board
- Negotiate best deals and obtain value for money from events suppliers while maintaining goodwill and cooperation among suppliers and partners
- Plan for security as necessary
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- 2+ years of event management experience
- Strong communication skills
- Strong writing skills for event page copy and marketing materials
- Marketing knowledge is an asset
- Experience working with volunteer management is considered a strong asset
- Ability to work occasional weekends and evenings
- Demonstrated flexibility with work assignments – working quickly and efficiently
- Experience working in a political environment is an asset
- Have a valid driver's licence and passport
- Experience with CRMs (Nation Builder), Eventbrite, and social media marketing are assets
- Solid written communication skills and strong proficiency in MS Office and Adobe applications
- Extremely organized with a calm and can-do demeanour
- Professionalism, integrity and discretion
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
This job can be full-time or can be completed part-time by a highly experienced events contractor.
Compensation commensurate with experience. Candidates can expect salaries to be between $45,000 and $75,000 annually. Health benefits will be offered.